San Francisco News
SFPD to hold meeting over Larkin St. shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police are holding a community meeting Monday to discuss a fatal officer-involved shooting in the city on Wednesday.
Police Chief Greg Suhr will be on hand at the meeting to discuss the shooting, which was reported at about 1:25 p.m. Wednesday near the intersection of Larkin and Fern streets after officers in a marked police car had pulled over a vehicle.
A man driving the car got out and fled, and as two officers chased him, he fired at least two shots at them, police said.
The officers were not injured and returned fire, hitting the suspect in the upper torso. The man, who has not been identified, was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries Thursday night, police spokesman Sgt. Daryl Fong said Friday.
While the officers were chasing the suspect, a female passenger in the car slid over to the driver's seat and drove away, police said.
Fong said Friday that investigators have located and interviewed the female, and she is no longer considered a person of interest in the case.
Monday's meeting is scheduled for 4 p.m. in the community room at the Northern Police Station, located at 1125 Fillmore St.
For more information about the meeting, contact the Police Department's community relations unit at (415) 734-3280 or by email at email@example.com.
shooting, crime, union square, san francisco news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 56 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed