San Francisco News
SFPD to hold meeting over Larkin St. shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police are holding a community meeting Monday to discuss a fatal officer-involved shooting in the city on Wednesday.
Police Chief Greg Suhr will be on hand at the meeting to discuss the shooting, which was reported at about 1:25 p.m. Wednesday near the intersection of Larkin and Fern streets after officers in a marked police car had pulled over a vehicle.
A man driving the car got out and fled, and as two officers chased him, he fired at least two shots at them, police said.
The officers were not injured and returned fire, hitting the suspect in the upper torso. The man, who has not been identified, was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries Thursday night, police spokesman Sgt. Daryl Fong said Friday.
While the officers were chasing the suspect, a female passenger in the car slid over to the driver's seat and drove away, police said.
Fong said Friday that investigators have located and interviewed the female, and she is no longer considered a person of interest in the case.
Monday's meeting is scheduled for 4 p.m. in the community room at the Northern Police Station, located at 1125 Fillmore St.
For more information about the meeting, contact the Police Department's community relations unit at (415) 734-3280 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
shooting, crime, union square, san francisco news
- Police make arrest after officer shot in San Francisco 4 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85 6 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack 38 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Police make arrest after officer shot in...
4 min ago