San Francisco News
SFPD runs up $500,000 in OT because of Occupy
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police have run up $500,000 in overtime costs policing Occupy San Francisco since the movement started three months ago.
Occupy San Francisco demonstrators resurfaced over the weekend with 10 tents set up in a park near the Embarcadero, but later took them down. The police union president tells the San Francisco Chronicle the real money drain is the need to post 20 to 30 officers around the clock at the foot of Market Street, making sure protesters don't camp out near the Federal Reserve Bank.
occupy sf, occupy wall street, protest, SFPD, federal reserve, san francisco news
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire 27 min ago
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420" 46 min ago
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- One killed in boating accident in Redwood City 9 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1 19 min ago
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Crawford's 41 points leads Warriors over Nuggets 7 min ago
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
29 min ago
- Video shows burglar prowling in baby's room
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos