San Francisco News
Cop, passenger OK after Muni pepper spraying
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A San Francisco police officer is OK after being accidentally pepper sprayed while trying to stop a Muni fare evader.
Police say the incident started when Muni faire inspectors asked to see proof of payment aboard a light rail vehicle along the Embarcadero.
The man refused, and that's when police came in to assist.
One officer pepper sprayed him when he fought with authorities. The pepper spray struck one officer and another woman.
Both are OK.
The suspect then ran from police who caught him after a short chase.
muni, embarcadero, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos