San Francisco News
Christmas home draws thousands in Dolores Park
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Christmas lights and decorations are just some of the things many people look forward to during the holidays, and going over the top isn't unusual.
It may be San Francisco's most-wonderful light display of the year -- or the last 22 years.
That's how long Tom Taylor and Jerry Goldstein have been turning their house into a Christmas postcard.
There are so many interesting and beautiful touches to the Christmas display at their home, including a 50-foot Norfolk pine tree with ornaments the size of beach balls.
There are also gadgets, trains, carousels and more.
Taylor and Goldstein say their home attracts thousands of visitors every year.
"The things that I have found most interesting about the tree are the number of people who come to see it, the variety of people who come to see it and how much joy they get out of it," said Goldstein.
"Many of the kids that started with me are now adults, and they come back and you hear their comments and they think it's part of their lives," said Taylor.
The display will remain standing at 3650 21st Street until Jan. 2. The lights go on at 5:30 p.m. and last until about midnight.
dolores park, christmas, san francisco news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested 38 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash 19 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal 8 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer...
38 min ago
- Little progress made in search for missing...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos