San Francisco News
Four injured when Muni LRV collides with police car
SAN FRANCISCO -- Four people were injured, including two police officers, when a San Francisco Municipal Railway light-rail vehicle collided with a police car in the city's Dogpatch neighborhood this morning, Muni and fire department officials said.
The crash was reported at about 5:45 a.m. at the intersection of Third and 22nd streets, where the T-Third Muni vehicle and a police car collided, Muni spokesman Paul Rose said.
The Muni vehicle broadsided the police car but was not going at a high speed, said fire department spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge.
The two officers in the police vehicle were transported to the hospital, as were the Muni operator and a passenger in the light-rail vehicle, Talmadge said.
All of the injuries are considered minor and not life-threatening, she said.
Rose said Muni and police officials are "still investigating the specific cause of the incident."
Both vehicles remained in the intersection as of 7:30 a.m. while investigators inspected them, according to an employee at the nearby Just For You Cafe.
Rose said the intersection was closed and Muni will be running bus shuttles along the T-Third line to supplement service until further notice.
muni, SFPD, san francisco news
- 6.9 quake rattles off the Northern California coast
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 42 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Little progress made in search for missing...
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos