San Francisco News
Car and Muni crash for second time this morning
SAN FRANCISCO -- For the second time this morning, a San Francisco Municipal Railway light-rail vehicle was involved with a crash with a car, a Muni spokesman said.
The latest crash occurred at 9:13 a.m. near the intersection of Third and King streets and involved an outbound K-Ingleside train, spokesman Paul Rose said.
Rose said that people traveling in the car refused medical treatment at the scene and that there were no reported injuries in the Muni vehicle.
Shortly after the crash, Muni began providing bus shuttles to ensure uninterrupted service in the area.
The scene was cleared by 9:50 a.m., but Rose said that Muni plans to continue the supplemental service for a short time until trains can resume normal service.
It was unclear what caused the crash, he said.
"It's too early to tell who was at fault," Rose said. "Just like the other crash, we're going to investigate the incident."
The earlier crash occurred shortly before 5:45 a.m. at the intersection of Third and 22nd streets in the city's Dogpatch neighborhood and involved a police patrol car that was broadsided by a T-Third light-rail vehicle.
The crash hospitalized the two police officers in the car, as well as the Muni operator and a female passenger in the car. All four victims' injuries are considered minor, authorities said.
muni, SFPD, san francisco news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 6 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 41 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos