San Francisco News
Car and Muni crash for second time this morning
SAN FRANCISCO -- For the second time this morning, a San Francisco Municipal Railway light-rail vehicle was involved with a crash with a car, a Muni spokesman said.
The latest crash occurred at 9:13 a.m. near the intersection of Third and King streets and involved an outbound K-Ingleside train, spokesman Paul Rose said.
Rose said that people traveling in the car refused medical treatment at the scene and that there were no reported injuries in the Muni vehicle.
Shortly after the crash, Muni began providing bus shuttles to ensure uninterrupted service in the area.
The scene was cleared by 9:50 a.m., but Rose said that Muni plans to continue the supplemental service for a short time until trains can resume normal service.
It was unclear what caused the crash, he said.
"It's too early to tell who was at fault," Rose said. "Just like the other crash, we're going to investigate the incident."
The earlier crash occurred shortly before 5:45 a.m. at the intersection of Third and 22nd streets in the city's Dogpatch neighborhood and involved a police patrol car that was broadsided by a T-Third light-rail vehicle.
The crash hospitalized the two police officers in the car, as well as the Muni operator and a female passenger in the car. All four victims' injuries are considered minor, authorities said.
muni, SFPD, san francisco news
- Freeze Warning remains in effect across Bay Area
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela 7 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Speeding driver rear-ends San Jose police officer 9 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder
- 5th day of searching for SJ CEO turns up empty
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Hate crime task force; Suspect fatally shot
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos