San Francisco News
Car and Muni crash for second time this morning
SAN FRANCISCO -- For the second time this morning, a San Francisco Municipal Railway light-rail vehicle was involved with a crash with a car, a Muni spokesman said.
The latest crash occurred at 9:13 a.m. near the intersection of Third and King streets and involved an outbound K-Ingleside train, spokesman Paul Rose said.
Rose said that people traveling in the car refused medical treatment at the scene and that there were no reported injuries in the Muni vehicle.
Shortly after the crash, Muni began providing bus shuttles to ensure uninterrupted service in the area.
The scene was cleared by 9:50 a.m., but Rose said that Muni plans to continue the supplemental service for a short time until trains can resume normal service.
It was unclear what caused the crash, he said.
"It's too early to tell who was at fault," Rose said. "Just like the other crash, we're going to investigate the incident."
The earlier crash occurred shortly before 5:45 a.m. at the intersection of Third and 22nd streets in the city's Dogpatch neighborhood and involved a police patrol car that was broadsided by a T-Third light-rail vehicle.
The crash hospitalized the two police officers in the car, as well as the Muni operator and a female passenger in the car. All four victims' injuries are considered minor, authorities said.
muni, SFPD, san francisco news
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' 2 min ago
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta 37 min ago
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case 16 min ago
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Drought prompts officials to release water...
37 min ago