San Francisco News
Two in custody after high speed chase
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Dozens of police cruisers chased a car from the South of Market neighborhood through the streets of San Francisco, with the pursuit ending in the Excelsior District.
The pursuit began around 2:20 p.m. Saturday at 8th and Minna. Two suspects attempted to rob a woman and then tried to kidnap her, according to authorities.
The suspects took off and nearly struck a police officer on 7th Street.
The chase caused two injury accidents near the intersection of Naples and Peru. Two people were injured in those accidents.
The suspects were taken into custody and will be charged with assault on a police officer, attempted kidnapping and robbery.
police chase, crime, soma, san francisco news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos