San Francisco News
Two in custody after high speed chase
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Dozens of police cruisers chased a car from the South of Market neighborhood through the streets of San Francisco, with the pursuit ending in the Excelsior District.
The pursuit began around 2:20 p.m. Saturday at 8th and Minna. Two suspects attempted to rob a woman and then tried to kidnap her, according to authorities.
The suspects took off and nearly struck a police officer on 7th Street.
The chase caused two injury accidents near the intersection of Naples and Peru. Two people were injured in those accidents.
The suspects were taken into custody and will be charged with assault on a police officer, attempted kidnapping and robbery.
police chase, crime, soma, san francisco news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 43 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- School marching band hit by robber gets big donation 30 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday