San Francisco News
Power restored to 7,000 PG&E customers in SF
SAN FRANCISCO -- Power has been restored to all 7,000 or so PG&E customers who were affected by an outage in San Francisco's Western Addition and Laurel Heights neighborhoods this morning, a utility spokeswoman said.
The outage, reported at about 10 a.m., was apparently caused by a third party who dug in and damaged an underground cable in the 1200 block of McAllister Street, PG&E spokeswoman Fiona Chan said.
Utility crews responded, repaired the damaged cable and restored power to all customers by about 12:20 p.m., Chan said.
western addition, power outage, san francisco news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 1 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer 35 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation 33 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos