San Francisco News
Power restored to 7,000 PG&E customers in SF
SAN FRANCISCO -- Power has been restored to all 7,000 or so PG&E customers who were affected by an outage in San Francisco's Western Addition and Laurel Heights neighborhoods this morning, a utility spokeswoman said.
The outage, reported at about 10 a.m., was apparently caused by a third party who dug in and damaged an underground cable in the 1200 block of McAllister Street, PG&E spokeswoman Fiona Chan said.
Utility crews responded, repaired the damaged cable and restored power to all customers by about 12:20 p.m., Chan said.
western addition, power outage, san francisco news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker 35 min ago
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries 35 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus 32 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 54 min ago
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive 36 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed