San Francisco News
Power restored to 7,000 PG&E customers in SF
SAN FRANCISCO -- Power has been restored to all 7,000 or so PG&E customers who were affected by an outage in San Francisco's Western Addition and Laurel Heights neighborhoods this morning, a utility spokeswoman said.
The outage, reported at about 10 a.m., was apparently caused by a third party who dug in and damaged an underground cable in the 1200 block of McAllister Street, PG&E spokeswoman Fiona Chan said.
Utility crews responded, repaired the damaged cable and restored power to all customers by about 12:20 p.m., Chan said.
western addition, power outage, san francisco news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday