San Francisco News
SFPD detain 2 males from building where shots fired
SAN FRANCISCO -- Police detained two male suspects after they emerged from a building in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood this morning about two hours after multiple shots had been fired from the building, police said.
Just after 11 p.m. Thursday night, San Francisco police responded to reports of shots fired in the 400 block of Ninth Street, according to police.
Arriving officers heard multiple gunshots fired and set up a perimeter around the block, police said.
SFPD's tactical unit and SWAT team responded, along with the California Highway Patrol and San Francisco fire units, police said.
Just before 11:10 p.m. Thursday night cars at the intersection of Ninth and Bryant streets were quickly ushered through the area as three or four police officers crouched behind a marked patrol car with its lights on. Three shots were heard and police appeared to have drawn their weapons toward a building at the northwest corner of Ninth and Bryant streets.
Once police had surrounded the building no further shots were fired and by 1:15 a.m. two male suspects came out to the street and were detained, police said.
A suspect is believed to have fired a rifle from the building, police said.
No injuries were reported and police remained at the scene as of 1:20 a.m. to clear the building.
Nearby roads had been closed during the incident, including 10th Street between Bryant and Harrison streets; Bryant Street between Ninth and 10th streets; and Harrison Street between Ninth and 10th streets, according to police.
SFPD, crime, soma, shooting, san francisco news
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death 3 min ago
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated 55 min ago
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tyler, the Creator plays sold-out show after jail
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park 15 min ago
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case 27 min ago
- Two killed by suspected DUI driver in in Santa Rosa 12 min ago
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in...
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos