San Francisco News
Mew gull snagged by hook may be free
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Another animal in distress at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco may have solved its own problem.
A mew gull with a fishing lure snagged in its beak was the target of a rescue attempt by the group WildRescue Saturday.
The group told ABC7 Saturday evening that despite a canvass of the park by volunteers , the gull could not be found and that it probably worked itself free from the lure.
animal, animals in peril, golden gate park, san francisco news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race 54 min ago
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday