San Francisco News
Suspect arrested after flirting with cop
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 26-year-old man was arrested early Saturday morning in San Francisco's Bayview District after he approached a police patrol car and made romantic advances at a female officer, who then ran a records check and discovered he had a warrant out for his arrest for rape.
The arrest was made around 1:40 a.m. Saturday near the intersection of Third Street and Revere Avenue, where two female officers had parked their patrol car, police said.
As the officers were about to get out, the suspect approached the passenger side window and began to ask one of the officers if she was married and if she was available, according to police.
The officer denied the man's advances but asked his name, which he gave her. Police were not immediately releasing the suspect's name today.
After continuing to try to chat up the officers, the man gave up and went back to his car, at which point the officers ran a record check and discovered he was wanted for a no-bail warrant for a rape in Hayward, police said.
The officer called out to the man asking him to stop. It was not for the reason he hoped for -- he was arrested and booked into jail on the outstanding warrant.
hayward, bayview hunters point, SFPD, san francisco news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- NYC building explodes, 11 minor injuries reported 11 min ago
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos