San Francisco News
Power outage in Western Addition, Lower Haight
SAN FRANCISCO -- Nearly 3,000 people in San Francisco's Western Addition and Lower Haight neighborhoods are without power this morning, a PG&E spokesman said.
The 2,840 customers affected lost service at about 9:15 a.m., PG&E spokesman Joe Molica said.
The cause of the outage has not yet been determined.
"We're investigating reports of a third party digging," he said. As of 9:45 a.m., there was no estimate for when power would be restored.
"It's too early to tell at this point, but we do have multiple crews responding to the area," Molica said.
western addition, haight ashbury, PG&E, san francisco news
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 55 min ago
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos