San Francisco News
Thief snatches cellphone from woman at Muni stop
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman had her cellphone snatched while she waited at a San Francisco Municipal Railway bus stop in Chinatown on Monday night, police said.
The robbery was reported around 10 p.m. at Stockton and Clay streets.
The 25-year-old victim was sitting at the bus stop when a suspect approached her from behind, grabbed her phone then ran away, according to police.
The victim suffered a scratch under her nose but declined medical treatment, police said.
The suspect remains at large. Anyone with information about the robbery is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
chinatown, crime, san francisco news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire