San Francisco News
Suspect in SF rapes faces 26 felony charges
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man accused of sexually assaulting three women between June and December along San Francisco's 24th Street corridor has been charged with 26 felony counts, District Attorney George Gascon said today.
Frederick Dozier Jr., 32, will make his initial appearance in court this afternoon to face charges of attempted murder, robbery and sexual assault.
Dozier was arrested last Friday in connection with the three attacks, which occurred on June 17, Nov. 18 and Dec. 8.
Gascon said at a news conference today that Dozier was "preying on unsuspecting women" and was arrested because of "a complete community effort" that involved soliciting tips and raising money for the victims.
Dozier worked as a part-time student nutrition services worker with the San Francisco Unified School District, as well as for Green Streets, a company that manages recycling and composting at three low-income housing sites in the city.
mission district, SFPD, crime, san francisco news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges 36 min ago
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network 31 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major-injury crash blocking lanes on NB I-880 28 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 14 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- San Jose police officer facing sexual...
36 min ago