San Francisco News
Suspect in SF rapes faces 26 felony charges
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man accused of sexually assaulting three women between June and December along San Francisco's 24th Street corridor has been charged with 26 felony counts, District Attorney George Gascon said today.
Frederick Dozier Jr., 32, will make his initial appearance in court this afternoon to face charges of attempted murder, robbery and sexual assault.
Dozier was arrested last Friday in connection with the three attacks, which occurred on June 17, Nov. 18 and Dec. 8.
Gascon said at a news conference today that Dozier was "preying on unsuspecting women" and was arrested because of "a complete community effort" that involved soliciting tips and raising money for the victims.
Dozier worked as a part-time student nutrition services worker with the San Francisco Unified School District, as well as for Green Streets, a company that manages recycling and composting at three low-income housing sites in the city.
mission district, SFPD, crime, san francisco news
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated 53 min ago
- Elevator company cited in death at Levi's Stadium 55 min ago
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San Rafael
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Gays seek inclusion at SoCal Vietnamese parade 24 min ago
- Spotify launches free mobile streaming service 11 min ago
- Pope Francis named TIME's Person of the Year
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday