San Francisco News
Man dies after apparent stabbing in SOMA
A man has died after an apparent stabbing in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood this morning, San Francisco police said.
Police responded to Sixth and Stevenson streets around 2:40 a.m. to conduct a well-being check. Arriving officers found a man believed to be about 30 years old suffering from an apparent stab wound in the street, police said.
The man was taken by ambulance to a hospital where he was pronounced dead at 3:24 a.m., according to police.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, soma, san francisco news
- South African leader Nelson Mandela has died
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents 19 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area bundles up as frigid weather continues 14 min ago
- Cal signs $18M deal for naming rights at stadium
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Cold snap causes pipes to burst at Marin...
30 min ago