San Francisco News
City College of SF urges caution on computers
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- There is another big warning as San Francisco City College students and employees return to campus today.
Officials are urging them to do three things - change their computer passwords, avoid using school computers for banking or buying things and check home computers for viruses.
This is all in the wake of last week's discovery that hackers overseas had been tapping into City College servers for over a decade. College officials are urging people who think their personal information may be have stolen to contact campus police.
san francisco city college, crime, computers, internet, san francisco news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday