San Francisco News
San Francisco landmarks to glow 49ers red, gold
SAN FRANCISCO -- Landmark buildings around San Francisco are lighting up to support the 49ers just days before the team's NFC Championship game on Sunday.
The dome at San Francisco City Hall was illuminated with red and gold lights as of Tuesday night and will continue to be lit in support of the team at least until Sunday's game against the New York Giants at Candlestick Park, building manager Rob Reiter said this morning.
Atop Telegraph Hill, Coit Tower is going to be illuminated in red each night leading up to the game, according to the Recreation and Park Department.
Additionally, the rooftops of all four buildings at Embarcadero Center will be lit up with 1,600 red lights that will be turned on from 4 p.m. to midnight daily.
new york, san francisco 49ers, nfl, nfl playoffs, san francisco news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF 13 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks 54 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
13 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting...
54 min ago