San Francisco News
Occupy SF plans Friday 'day of action'
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Occupy San Francisco protesters and dozens of other groups are planning a major "day of action" Friday in San Francisco's Financial District.
Those groups held a news conference Wednesday morning outside the offices of Bank of America and Goldman Sachs. They include environmental organizations, unions, veterans groups, hotel workers, nurses, students and faith leaders.
The 50-plus groups are planning a day-long series of demonstrations to protest what they say are unjust foreclosures, war profiteering, and labor violations by banks and other big businesses.
Friday's protests are set to start at 6 a.m. and finish with a 5 p.m. march from Justin Herman Plaza to 555 California Street.
protest, occupy sf, occupy wall street, financial district, bank of america, goldman sachs, san francisco news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 56 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 41 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 5 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland 2 min ago
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years 45 min ago
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 4 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued 9 min ago
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
56 min ago