San Francisco News
Three teens arrested in burglary attempt
SAN FRANCISCO -- Three teenage boys were arrested for allegedly trying to steal computers from a high school in San Francisco's Potrero Hill neighborhood on Sunday afternoon, police said.
The burglary was reported at about 3 p.m. Sunday at the International Studies Academy at 655 De Haro St., a small high school that focuses on the study of language, world cultures and global issues.
The call was made by a witness who said he saw three people enter the school through a ground-floor window after climbing up on a chair, according to police.
As officers arrived, they saw one of the boys run out the south side of the building and onto 19th Street toward Wisconsin Street. He jumped over a fence and into the backyard of a home, where he was arrested and identified as a 14-year-old boy, police said.
The boy said there were two other teens with him, and other officers were able to apprehend the pair, a 15-year-old and 16-year-old, after they tried to run out the east side of the building, according to police.
During a walk-through of the school, investigators found muddy footprints in the hallway coming from the room where the boys had apparently come through the window.
The officers followed the footprints to the school's computer lab where they found four computers that had been damaged by the boys, who allegedly tried to cut cable attachments that secured the computers to the tables, police said.
The boys, whose names are not being released because they are juveniles, were all cited on suspicion of attempted burglary, conspiracy and resisting arrest. They were each released to their parents.
crime, potrero hill, san francisco news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday