San Francisco News
Police investigate possible kidnapping in Bayview
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman was possibly kidnapped in San Francisco's Bayview District on Saturday afternoon and investigators are asking for the public's help in finding out more information about the case, a police spokesman said today.
At about 3:15 p.m. Saturday, a woman called police to say she saw two men beating up a woman on Cortland Avenue near Bayshore Boulevard, police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.
The suspects then forced the woman into a maroon Land Rover and drove away on Bayshore Boulevard toward Alemany Boulevard, Esparza said.
Police broadcast information about the case throughout the city and to neighboring jurisdictions but the suspects and victim were not found. Investigators could also not find any surveillance video of the incident from nearby businesses, Esparza said.
The suspects were both described as black men between 20 and 30 years old with athletic builds. The victim was described as a woman between 18 and 22 years old who has a medium build and was wearing a red hooded sweatshirt, according to Esparza.
Anyone with information about the case, which is being treated as a suspicious occurrence and possible kidnapping, should call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market 18 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...