San Francisco News
Norovirus confirmed at St. Ignatius Prep in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- St. Ignatius Prep in San Francisco's Sunset District will now stay closed until Monday. This morning, health officials confirmed norovirus is what's causing more than 300 students and 30 teachers to get sick.
School officials originally planned to re-open the school today, but, changed their mind as the number of people getting sick got bigger. Custodians are using bleach and steam to disinfect the school. Norovirus spreads through the air, or by touch and is highly contagious.
The school's kitchen and water supply have been tested and ruled out as possible sources of contamination.
school closures, san francisco news
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore 32 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions 51 min ago
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual 24 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims 10 min ago
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 59 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART,...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos