San Francisco News
Rapper arrested near nightclub in Richmond District
SAN FRANCISCO -- An Oakland rapper and two other people were arrested on suspicion of various offenses near a nightclub in San Francisco's Richmond District where the rapper was performing Sunday night, police said.
Philip Beasley, who goes by the name "Philthy Rich," performed on Sunday night at the Rock-It Room at 406 Clement St.
After the show, Beasley, 29, of Hayward, was arrested at about 1:30 a.m. when he tried to drive away in a 2011 black Bentley with Nevada license plates that had been reported stolen out of Las Vegas, police said.
A records check also determined Beasley was on felony probation for firearms possession, according to police.
Beasley's promoter and producer, Samuel Burns III, 33, was arrested upon arriving to the club at about 10:30 p.m. as a passenger in a car, police said.
Burns was detained for not wearing a seatbelt, and when he could not supply an ID, officers did a records check and discovered he had warrants for his arrest in both Marin and Contra Costa counties, according to police.
Then at about 11:15 p.m., police arrested Dennis Walker, 29, of Antioch, during the stop of a suspicious vehicle near the club.
Walker, a passenger in the car, ran from a 1991 GMC Yukon on foot but was taken into custody a short distance away at Fifth Avenue and California Street, where officers found him allegedly in possession of a firearm, police said.
The Yukon fled the scene at a high rate of speed but crashed into a wall of the Presidio at a dead-end on Sixth Avenue. The driver and another passenger in the car fled on foot and have not been found, but the vehicle was recovered, police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.
Beasley was booked into jail on suspicion of stolen vehicle and receiving stolen property, while Burns was booked on the outstanding warrants and Walker on various firearm violations, according to police.
Beasley apparently posted about the incidents on his Twitter feed, @philthyrichfod, last night and then this afternoon after he posted bail.
"F--- the police they just got into a hi speed with my n----- why the f--- was they in front of the club," he posted around midnight.
Around noon today he wrote, "Last night at my show I was targeted by the San Francisco police they took me and my cousin to jail and seized my Bentley I'm a bail for 30k."
In his most recent post, Beasley said he was "Fresh out the joint fent to get a shrimp burrito man please don't take ya'll freedom for a joke s--- could be ugly."
oakland, hayward, richmond district, san francisco news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Daly City man arrested for biting, punching parents 40 min ago
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday