San Francisco News
Pedestrian critically injured when hit by car on sidewalk
SAN FRANCISCO -- A pedestrian was critically injured when he was hit by a car that ran from the scene in San Francisco's Potrero Hill neighborhood early Saturday morning, police said.
The 60-year-old man was struck shortly after 2 a.m. by an El Camino that mounted a curb on Potrero Avenue near 16th Street, police said.
The car fled the scene and the man was transported to San Francisco General Hospital where he remains in critical condition this morning, police said.
potrero hill, pedestrian struck, san francisco news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 37 11 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks 23 min ago
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Firefighters battling 3-alarm grass fire in Orinda
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Gov. Brown cites safety in possible bridge delay
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- Publicist: Founding member of The Doors dies at 74
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- roundup: Bay to Breakers fall; Oakland Hills fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday