San Francisco News
Pedestrian critically injured when hit by car on sidewalk
SAN FRANCISCO -- A pedestrian was critically injured when he was hit by a car that ran from the scene in San Francisco's Potrero Hill neighborhood early Saturday morning, police said.
The 60-year-old man was struck shortly after 2 a.m. by an El Camino that mounted a curb on Potrero Avenue near 16th Street, police said.
The car fled the scene and the man was transported to San Francisco General Hospital where he remains in critical condition this morning, police said.
potrero hill, pedestrian struck, san francisco news
- 1 dead, 16 injured in East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos