San Francisco News
More prospective jurors questioned for Mirkarimi case
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A new pool of 100 prospective jurors is expected to be questioned Wednesday in the domestic violence case against San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi.
The judge ordered the expanded jury pool to make up for those already dismissed for perceived bias or conflicts of interest. San Francisco Supervisor Eric Mar was one of the jurors excused on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the judge is still considering a motion from Mirkarimi's attorney for a change of venue.
Also at issue is a video that shows a bruise that prosecutors claim Mirkarimi caused when he grabbed his wife's arm. A San Francisco appellate court is considering whether that video can be admitted as evidence.
ross mirkarimi, crime, trials, san francisco news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stocks close mostly higher on earnings; Apple up
- California bill attacks growing corporate wage gap
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- Historic Cal theater to reopen as live music venue
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
39 min ago