San Francisco News
Woman found dead near Fisherman's Wharf ID'd
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman found dead in the waters near San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf on Tuesday morning has been identified by the medical examiner's office as 60-year-old Mi Ryong Park.
Park, a San Francisco resident, was found by authorities who responded at 11:19 a.m. Tuesday to a report of a body spotted floating out from under Pier 45, located at the popular tourist spot, fire department spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.
The body was spotted by a tourist who notified an employee at a nearby store and the employee called authorities, police spokesman Officer Carlos Manfredi said.
The body was retrieved and there were no obvious signs of foul play, Manfredi said.
Park's cause of death has not been determined. An autopsy on the body is scheduled for today, according to the medical examiner's office.
fisherman's wharf, san francisco news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting