San Francisco News
Study: San Francisco rents highest in the country
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco tops the list for having the highest rents in America.
The National Low Income Housing Coalition found the average rent for a two-bedroom apartment in San Francisco is $1,905.
That means a person making minimum wage would have to work 130 hours per week to afford their rent.
The Stamford-Norwalk area of Connecticut came in second, followed by Honolulu, Nassau-Suffolk in New York, and California's Orange County.
Extensive data for every state and metropolitan area is available on the NLIHC.org website.
housing market, san francisco news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise 5 min ago
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
33 min ago
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic...
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos