San Francisco News
Study: San Francisco rents highest in the country
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco tops the list for having the highest rents in America.
The National Low Income Housing Coalition found the average rent for a two-bedroom apartment in San Francisco is $1,905.
That means a person making minimum wage would have to work 130 hours per week to afford their rent.
The Stamford-Norwalk area of Connecticut came in second, followed by Honolulu, Nassau-Suffolk in New York, and California's Orange County.
Extensive data for every state and metropolitan area is available on the NLIHC.org website.
housing market, san francisco news
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- San Jose structure fire displaces 5 people 28 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 41 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos