San Francisco News
Package deemed safe, SFJCC evacuation lifted
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco Jewish Community Center at California Street and Presidio Avenue was briefly evacuated Thursday afternoon due to a suspicious package across the street.
The San Francisco Police Department investigate the package, which was found at a bus stop around 2:30 p.m., and deemed it not to be a threat.
d A spokesperson for the JCC said the evacuation was out of "an abundance of caution." People were back inside the building by 4:25 p.m.
Muni's 2-Clement, 3-Jackson and 43-Masonic lines were temporarily rerouted because of the police activity.
Bay City News contributed to this report
SFPD, suspicious package, san francisco news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- BART and unions to meet today over contract 14 min ago
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 21 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos