San Francisco News
Mirkarimi's wife, son to travel to Venezuela
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The wife of suspended Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi is heading back to Venezuela Sunday.
Eliana Lopez and her 3-year old son Theo will leave to visit her sick father, who had a recent recurrence of cancer and is now undergoing chemotherapy.
The month-long trip was approved by a family court judge, according to court documents filed Friday.
On Monday Mirkarimi pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of false imprisionment. He was suspended Wednesday without pay by mayor Ed Lee, who wants him out of office.
The initial charges stemmed from an argument allegedly over Lopez's desire to take their son to Venezuela.
ross mirkarimi, ed lee, crime, san francisco city hall, vicki hennessy, san francisco news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation 42 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos