San Francisco News
Mirkarimi's wife, son to travel to Venezuela
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The wife of suspended Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi is heading back to Venezuela Sunday.
Eliana Lopez and her 3-year old son Theo will leave to visit her sick father, who had a recent recurrence of cancer and is now undergoing chemotherapy.
The month-long trip was approved by a family court judge, according to court documents filed Friday.
On Monday Mirkarimi pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of false imprisionment. He was suspended Wednesday without pay by mayor Ed Lee, who wants him out of office.
The initial charges stemmed from an argument allegedly over Lopez's desire to take their son to Venezuela.
ross mirkarimi, ed lee, crime, san francisco city hall, vicki hennessy, san francisco news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet 38 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif. 32 min ago
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 50 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina 42 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Groups protest chemicals used in iPhone 25 min ago
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos