San Francisco News
Police arrest suspect in SF mass slaying
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Police said Sunday that they have arrested a suspect in connection to the five people found killed in an Ingleside home on Friday.
Police said in a press conference Sunday evening that Binh Thai Luc was arrested early in the morning on five counts of homicide. Luc has a prior criminal record.
His brother, Brian Luc, was also arrested and charged with possession of narcotics and ammunition and for a probation violation.
The Luc brothers both live in San Francisco.
Earlier Sunday sources told ABC7 that two individuals detained by the police had been identified as being associated with a Vietnamese street gang and that the motive may have been gambling debts.
Police said the victims appeared to have suffered blunt force trauma but that the Medical Examiners office is still working to identify the victims and determine the cause of death.
Forty police investigators have been working on the case since Friday morning, when a 12-year-old girl found her family dead inside a house near City College of San Francisco.
Police stressed that the family was specifically targeted. "I want to continue to reassure the public that this incident was specific to 16 Howth Street," San Francisco Police Department Chief Greg Suhr said.
Police are serving search warrants in San Mateo and San Francisco and said the investigation is ongoing.
-- ABC7's Vic Lee contributed to this report.
murder, ingleside, crime, binh thai luc, san francisco news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue 2 min ago
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 US films to be preserved
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 22 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
23 min ago
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY...
2 min ago