San Francisco News
Police arrest suspect in SF mass slaying
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Police said Sunday that they have arrested a suspect in connection to the five people found killed in an Ingleside home on Friday.
Police said in a press conference Sunday evening that Binh Thai Luc was arrested early in the morning on five counts of homicide. Luc has a prior criminal record.
His brother, Brian Luc, was also arrested and charged with possession of narcotics and ammunition and for a probation violation.
The Luc brothers both live in San Francisco.
Earlier Sunday sources told ABC7 that two individuals detained by the police had been identified as being associated with a Vietnamese street gang and that the motive may have been gambling debts.
Police said the victims appeared to have suffered blunt force trauma but that the Medical Examiners office is still working to identify the victims and determine the cause of death.
Forty police investigators have been working on the case since Friday morning, when a 12-year-old girl found her family dead inside a house near City College of San Francisco.
Police stressed that the family was specifically targeted. "I want to continue to reassure the public that this incident was specific to 16 Howth Street," San Francisco Police Department Chief Greg Suhr said.
Police are serving search warrants in San Mateo and San Francisco and said the investigation is ongoing.
-- ABC7's Vic Lee contributed to this report.
murder, ingleside, crime, binh thai luc, san francisco news
- Several aftershocks felt after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span 40 min ago
- Bay Area man arrested in Czech murders case 38 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: Bicyclist killed in SF; Body in canal ID'd
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
24 min ago