San Francisco News
Man stabbed in neck near Occupy SF camp
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 27-year-old man was hospitalized after an argument led to a stabbing near the Occupy SF encampment in San Francisco's Financial District late Monday night, according to San Francisco police.
Police responded at 11:39 p.m. to 101 Market St. for what appeared to be a stabbing that left the victim with one cut to his neck, police said.
The victim and a man started arguing over an undisclosed issue, police said. The suspect then pulled a knife and stabbed the victim once on his neck.
The suspect, described as anywhere from 30 to 40 years old, fled on foot after the attack, police said.
The victim was taken to San Francisco General Hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening, police said.
The suspect was described as a white main standing about 5 feet 11 inches with a thin build, police said.
The stabbing is under investigation by the department's Criminal Investigations Unit.
No arrests have been made, police said.
The stabbing happened on the sidewalk in front of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, where "reoccupiers" from Occupy SF have been camping since last month, according to the group's website.
A stabbing Sunday night at the same location left a 28-year-old man in critical condition, according to San Francisco police.
The suspect in Sunday's stabbing is described as a white man between 20 and 25 years old who is about 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighs about 135 pounds and has blond hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a dark-colored beanie, a dark-colored puffy jacket and black-framed glasses, police said.
Police are continuing to investigate the stabbings. Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
occupy sf, san francisco news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach 1 min ago
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise 18 min ago
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla 3 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
46 min ago
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic...
18 min ago
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby...
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos