San Francisco News
San Francisco HIREvent features 400 jobs
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- If you're looking for a job, you can head to a job fair at Hotel Whitcomb in San Francisco Tuesday, sponsored by ABC7 and the Job Journal.
The arrival of spring means a whole new season of job opportunities. The last HIREvent was at Center Concord in February and it was a great turnout with a lot of options. Organizers of Tuesday's event were looking for the same success. 12 employers were expected to try and fill 400 job openings ranging from entry level to management.
"We have lots of management positions, lots of biotech positions, and IT positions. And, we have 13 directors and assistant directors positions, and one VP position," said Kathy Caricato with California Job Journal.
Companies with openings include the Federal Reserve Bank, Bio Marin, Sleep Train, and Dollar Financial. It runs from noon to 4 p.m. at the Hotel Whitcomb at 1231 Market St.
jobs, unemployment, san francisco news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos