San Francisco News
San Francisco HIREvent features 400 jobs
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- If you're looking for a job, you can head to a job fair at Hotel Whitcomb in San Francisco Tuesday, sponsored by ABC7 and the Job Journal.
The arrival of spring means a whole new season of job opportunities. The last HIREvent was at Center Concord in February and it was a great turnout with a lot of options. Organizers of Tuesday's event were looking for the same success. 12 employers were expected to try and fill 400 job openings ranging from entry level to management.
"We have lots of management positions, lots of biotech positions, and IT positions. And, we have 13 directors and assistant directors positions, and one VP position," said Kathy Caricato with California Job Journal.
Companies with openings include the Federal Reserve Bank, Bio Marin, Sleep Train, and Dollar Financial. It runs from noon to 4 p.m. at the Hotel Whitcomb at 1231 Market St.
jobs, unemployment, san francisco news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise 3 min ago
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
31 min ago
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic...
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos