San Francisco News
San Francisco HIREvent features 400 jobs
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- If you're looking for a job, you can head to a job fair at Hotel Whitcomb in San Francisco Tuesday, sponsored by ABC7 and the Job Journal.
The arrival of spring means a whole new season of job opportunities. The last HIREvent was at Center Concord in February and it was a great turnout with a lot of options. Organizers of Tuesday's event were looking for the same success. 12 employers were expected to try and fill 400 job openings ranging from entry level to management.
"We have lots of management positions, lots of biotech positions, and IT positions. And, we have 13 directors and assistant directors positions, and one VP position," said Kathy Caricato with California Job Journal.
Companies with openings include the Federal Reserve Bank, Bio Marin, Sleep Train, and Dollar Financial. It runs from noon to 4 p.m. at the Hotel Whitcomb at 1231 Market St.
jobs, unemployment, san francisco news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday