San Francisco News
San Francisco HIREvent features 400 jobs
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- If you're looking for a job, you can head to a job fair at Hotel Whitcomb in San Francisco Tuesday, sponsored by ABC7 and the Job Journal.
The arrival of spring means a whole new season of job opportunities. The last HIREvent was at Center Concord in February and it was a great turnout with a lot of options. Organizers of Tuesday's event were looking for the same success. 12 employers were expected to try and fill 400 job openings ranging from entry level to management.
"We have lots of management positions, lots of biotech positions, and IT positions. And, we have 13 directors and assistant directors positions, and one VP position," said Kathy Caricato with California Job Journal.
Companies with openings include the Federal Reserve Bank, Bio Marin, Sleep Train, and Dollar Financial. It runs from noon to 4 p.m. at the Hotel Whitcomb at 1231 Market St.
jobs, unemployment, san francisco news
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville 45 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions 22 min ago
- Bay Area man arrested for killing relatives abroad 30 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Millions to hit the roads this Memorial Day weekend 41 min ago
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban
- Man exposes himself outside of hospital in SF
- Rare Apple computer could fetch $640k at auction 55 min ago
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Clayton resident ID'd as bicyclist killed in SF 5 min ago
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: Bicyclist killed in SF; Body in canal ID'd
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- This week's Perfect pet 'Francis'
19 min ago