San Francisco News
Man found dead near Bay Bridge in SF was shot
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man who was found dead in San Francisco near the Bay Bridge early this morning died of an apparent gunshot wound, a police spokesman said today.
The victim, identified by the medical examiner's office as Diondre Young, 21, was found by police officers who responded at 2:33 a.m. to the area of Main and Harrison streets on reports of a dead body.
Young, a San Francisco resident, was pronounced dead at the scene. Police spokesman Sgt. Daryl Fong said that Young was shot, but said that no information about the shooter was immediately available.
Fong also said that while a PG&E vehicle was parked near where the body was found, the victim was not an employee with the utility.
Anyone with information about the homicide is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
SFPD, crime, bay bridge, san francisco news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos