San Francisco News
Man found dead near Bay Bridge in SF was shot
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man who was found dead in San Francisco near the Bay Bridge early this morning died of an apparent gunshot wound, a police spokesman said today.
The victim, identified by the medical examiner's office as Diondre Young, 21, was found by police officers who responded at 2:33 a.m. to the area of Main and Harrison streets on reports of a dead body.
Young, a San Francisco resident, was pronounced dead at the scene. Police spokesman Sgt. Daryl Fong said that Young was shot, but said that no information about the shooter was immediately available.
Fong also said that while a PG&E vehicle was parked near where the body was found, the victim was not an employee with the utility.
Anyone with information about the homicide is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
SFPD, crime, bay bridge, san francisco news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday