San Francisco News
Man found dead near Bay Bridge in SF was shot
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man who was found dead in San Francisco near the Bay Bridge early this morning died of an apparent gunshot wound, a police spokesman said today.
The victim, identified by the medical examiner's office as Diondre Young, 21, was found by police officers who responded at 2:33 a.m. to the area of Main and Harrison streets on reports of a dead body.
Young, a San Francisco resident, was pronounced dead at the scene. Police spokesman Sgt. Daryl Fong said that Young was shot, but said that no information about the shooter was immediately available.
Fong also said that while a PG&E vehicle was parked near where the body was found, the victim was not an employee with the utility.
Anyone with information about the homicide is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
SFPD, crime, bay bridge, san francisco news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Fatal accident on Almaden Expressway in San Jose 2 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown