San Francisco News
Pedestrian dies after being struck by cyclist
SAN FRANCISCO -- A pedestrian who was struck by a bicyclist in San Francisco's Castro District last week has died, authorities said Wednesday.
The victim, identified by the medical examiner's office as 71-year-old Sutchi Hui, was struck at the intersection of Market and Castro streets shortly before 8:10 a.m. on March 29, police said.
Authorities were not immediately releasing the location or time of Hui's death, and the cause of death remains under investigation.
Police said the accident happened when a man riding a bicycle was traveling south on Castro Street and was crossing Market Street when he struck Hui, who was walking east in the crosswalk.
Witnesses reported that the bicyclist, who has not been identified, may have run a red light prior to the collision, but that information has not yet been confirmed.
District attorney's spokesman Omid Talai said, "The case has not been formally presented to us but we are consulting with the SFPD."
castro, crash, bikes, pedestrian struck, san francisco news
- 6.9 quake rattles off the Northern California coast 2 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 35 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos