San Francisco News
Portions of new Doyle Drive to open by Memorial Day
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Good news for people who use the Doyle Drive approach to the Golden Gate Bridge. Portions of the new Doyle Drive roadway and tunnel are now expected to be ready to open by Memorial Day.
The seismic retrofitting project has been ongoing for the past two years, leaving frustrated bridge commuters facing a series of detours. Now Caltrans says those temporary detours will be demolished sometime before Memorial Day.
However, there will be a complete road closure during one upcoming weekend to finalize the new route.
A meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Mill Valley Community Center to talk about those closures.
doyle drive, construction, golden gate bridge, san francisco news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing 54 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Warriors give Oakland High School students 3D printer 52 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
54 min ago