San Francisco News
Portions of new Doyle Drive to open by Memorial Day
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Good news for people who use the Doyle Drive approach to the Golden Gate Bridge. Portions of the new Doyle Drive roadway and tunnel are now expected to be ready to open by Memorial Day.
The seismic retrofitting project has been ongoing for the past two years, leaving frustrated bridge commuters facing a series of detours. Now Caltrans says those temporary detours will be demolished sometime before Memorial Day.
However, there will be a complete road closure during one upcoming weekend to finalize the new route.
A meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Mill Valley Community Center to talk about those closures.
doyle drive, construction, golden gate bridge, san francisco news
- Pres. Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 2 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- I-5 in Stockton reopens after officer-involved shooting 2 min ago
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Wendy's worker arrested after hiding pot in burger 37 min ago
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday