San Francisco News
3 missing after boat hits rocks on Farallon Islands
One person is dead and three others still missing after a boat involved in a race around the Farallon Islands ran aground this afternoon.
The boating accident involving a 38-foot sailing vessel named the Low Speed Chase was reported around 3 p.m., according to U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Levi Read.
A Coast Guard helicopter was able to rescue two people from the rocks on the islands this afternoon, and an Air National Guard helicopter rescued another person, Read said.
A fourth person pulled from the water has been pronounced deceased, and another three people are still unaccounted for.
The Coast Guard has two boats on the scene, still searching for the boat's remaining occupants.
rescue, coast guard, farallon islands, san francisco news
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move 3 min ago
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Floating floors put to the test by Consumer Reports
- Person killed by train at Hayward BART station 10 min ago
- Police ID Boulevard Burger armed robbery suspect
- 7 construction workers, firefighter hurt in SF General fire
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after SF Hwy 101 crash
- Authorities: Unattended campfire caused Calif. fire
- Intel chief: NSA foiled dozens of terrorist plots
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: SF hospital fire; SF Giants unveil cafe
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 57 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
14 min ago
- Quan says Oakland won't just let A's go
3 min ago
- Sports fans in San Jose ready to welcome A's
46 min ago
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
7 min ago