San Francisco News
3 missing after boat hits rocks on Farallon Islands
One person is dead and three others still missing after a boat involved in a race around the Farallon Islands ran aground this afternoon.
The boating accident involving a 38-foot sailing vessel named the Low Speed Chase was reported around 3 p.m., according to U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Levi Read.
A Coast Guard helicopter was able to rescue two people from the rocks on the islands this afternoon, and an Air National Guard helicopter rescued another person, Read said.
A fourth person pulled from the water has been pronounced deceased, and another three people are still unaccounted for.
The Coast Guard has two boats on the scene, still searching for the boat's remaining occupants.
rescue, coast guard, farallon islands, san francisco news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF 44 min ago
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect 13 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault 29 min ago
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos