San Francisco News
3 missing after boat hits rocks on Farallon Islands
One person is dead and three others still missing after a boat involved in a race around the Farallon Islands ran aground this afternoon.
The boating accident involving a 38-foot sailing vessel named the Low Speed Chase was reported around 3 p.m., according to U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Levi Read.
A Coast Guard helicopter was able to rescue two people from the rocks on the islands this afternoon, and an Air National Guard helicopter rescued another person, Read said.
A fourth person pulled from the water has been pronounced deceased, and another three people are still unaccounted for.
The Coast Guard has two boats on the scene, still searching for the boat's remaining occupants.
rescue, coast guard, farallon islands, san francisco news
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire 10 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 15 min ago
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
10 min ago
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
15 min ago