San Francisco News
Report: Mirkarimi's wife seeks to extend stay in Venezuela
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The wife of suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi is reportedly negotiating to prolong her stay in her native Venezuela.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports that Eliana Lopez is communicating with Mirkarimi through intermediaries.
He is under court order to have no contact with her and she is under court order to return to San Francisco on April 28.
Mirkarimi pleaded guilty to false imprisonment involving a domestic abuse incident and has been suspended without pay.
Ironically it was Mirkarimi's refusal to allow his wife and son to visit her family in Venezuela that led to the couple's New Year's Eve argument and the bruising of her right arm.
ed lee, ross mirkarimi, san francisco news
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos