San Francisco News
Report: Mirkarimi's wife seeks to extend stay in Venezuela
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The wife of suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi is reportedly negotiating to prolong her stay in her native Venezuela.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports that Eliana Lopez is communicating with Mirkarimi through intermediaries.
He is under court order to have no contact with her and she is under court order to return to San Francisco on April 28.
Mirkarimi pleaded guilty to false imprisonment involving a domestic abuse incident and has been suspended without pay.
Ironically it was Mirkarimi's refusal to allow his wife and son to visit her family in Venezuela that led to the couple's New Year's Eve argument and the bruising of her right arm.
ed lee, ross mirkarimi, san francisco news
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body