San Francisco News
Report: Mirkarimi's wife seeks to extend stay in Venezuela
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The wife of suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi is reportedly negotiating to prolong her stay in her native Venezuela.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports that Eliana Lopez is communicating with Mirkarimi through intermediaries.
He is under court order to have no contact with her and she is under court order to return to San Francisco on April 28.
Mirkarimi pleaded guilty to false imprisonment involving a domestic abuse incident and has been suspended without pay.
Ironically it was Mirkarimi's refusal to allow his wife and son to visit her family in Venezuela that led to the couple's New Year's Eve argument and the bruising of her right arm.
ed lee, ross mirkarimi, san francisco news
- Four in the South Bay die due to cold weather 12 min ago
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Apple wants Samsung to pay $22M for legal bills
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Judge refuses to block AA, US Airways merger
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auction
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting 52 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos