San Francisco News
Man in wheelchair hit by Muni train dies
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man in a wheelchair who was struck by a San Francisco Municipal Railway train at the Civic Center station late this morning has died, Muni spokesman Paul Rose said.
The man, described as in his 50s, was struck by an outbound M-Ocean View train around 11:45 a.m., Rose said.
He suffered severe leg injuries and was taken to a hospital, where he died, Rose said.
San Francisco police have responded to the Civic Center station to investigate the incident, he said.
Rose said it is not yet clear why the man was on the tracks.
After the collision, Muni Metro service was shut down between the Embarcadero and West Portal stations, and bus shuttles were set up to carry riders along that stretch.
Rose said around 1:20 p.m. that underground service was expected to resume shortly.
pedestrian struck, muni, civic center, san francisco news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield 52 min ago
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado 22 min ago
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup 5 min ago
- Overhead wire problems disrupt service on Muni
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote 21 min ago
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer 15 min ago
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP 38 min ago
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting 18 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma...
22 min ago
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
15 min ago