San Francisco News
San Francisco lab worker dies from meningitis
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Cal/OSHA is trying to determine how a researcher at the San Francisco VA Medical Center contracted meningitis.
The 25-year-old lab tech died from the rare disease, which strikes only about a thousand Americans a year.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is also investigating. It says it's even rarer for someone working in a federal research lab with strict safety protocols to contract a deadly disease like meningitis.
cal OSHA, san francisco news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...