San Francisco News
San Francisco lab worker dies from meningitis
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Cal/OSHA is trying to determine how a researcher at the San Francisco VA Medical Center contracted meningitis.
The 25-year-old lab tech died from the rare disease, which strikes only about a thousand Americans a year.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is also investigating. It says it's even rarer for someone working in a federal research lab with strict safety protocols to contract a deadly disease like meningitis.
cal OSHA, san francisco news
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree 47 min ago
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes 22 min ago
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk 19 min ago
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital 56 min ago
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on...
22 min ago