San Francisco News
One injured in house fire in Sunset District
SAN FRANCISCO -- One person was injured in a house fire in San Francisco's Sunset District Friday afternoon, a fire dispatcher said.
The one-alarm fire was reported at 2:51 p.m. at a two-story home in the 2400 block of 41st Avenue, the dispatcher said.
Firefighters responded and contained the flames to the second floor of the home and extinguished the fire by 3:18 p.m., he said.
One person was injured in the blaze, but the dispatcher did not have information on the extent of the victim's injuries.
fire, sunset district, san francisco news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday