San Francisco News
One injured in house fire in Sunset District
SAN FRANCISCO -- One person was injured in a house fire in San Francisco's Sunset District Friday afternoon, a fire dispatcher said.
The one-alarm fire was reported at 2:51 p.m. at a two-story home in the 2400 block of 41st Avenue, the dispatcher said.
Firefighters responded and contained the flames to the second floor of the home and extinguished the fire by 3:18 p.m., he said.
One person was injured in the blaze, but the dispatcher did not have information on the extent of the victim's injuries.
fire, sunset district, san francisco news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan 49 min ago
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day 23 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 US films to be preserved 44 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday