San Francisco News
VA lab closes after worker dies from meningitis
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco laboratory where a researcher became fatally infected with a bacteria he was working with is shut down indefinitely.
Richard Din, 25, died last weekend from a form of meningitis that has no available vaccine. He was working on finding a vaccine at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center on Clement Street when he became infected.
The lab will be closed while the VA and CalOSHA investigate the incident.
cal OSHA, san francisco news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos