San Francisco News
Suspect flees after colliding with taxi in Mission District
SAN FRANCISCO -- Police are looking for a suspect who broadsided a taxi with his car in San Francisco's Mission District and then fled early this morning, a police spokesman said.
The crash was reported at 1:56 a.m. at the intersection of 18th and Mission streets between a yellow taxi and a red Ford Mustang, police spokesman Sgt. Mike Andraychak said.
The cab was traveling east on 18th Street and was passing through the intersection when the Mustang collided with the driver's side of the vehicle, Andraychak said. A witness reported that the Mustang ran through a red light.
The collision sent the taxi onto the sidewalk where it damaged a traffic light pole and struck the side of a building, Andraychak said.
The taxi driver declined medical treatment and did not have passengers in the car, according to Andraychak.
The driver of the Mustang left the car behind and fled. He had not been found as of this afternoon.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's accident investigation bureau at (415) 553-1641.
People wishing to remain anonymous can call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
mission district, hit and run, san francisco news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach 26 min ago
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland 14 min ago
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices 15 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline 21 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME 1 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list 18 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos