San Francisco News
Edwin Ramos found guilty of 2008 triple murder
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Edwin Ramos was found guilty Wednesday of three counts of first degree murder for the 2008 murders of Tony Bologna and two of his sons.
Ramos, an alleged gang member, was accused of shooting Bologna, 48, and his sons Michael, 20, and Matthew, 16, after mistaking them for rival gang members in the Excelsior District of San Francisco on June 22, 2008.
Bologna's teenage son Andrew was also on the car that day. He was not injured and testified as the prosecution's star witness. He identified Ramos as the shooter.
Ramos claims another gang member in his car fired the gun and that he never knew there would be a shooting.
There were audible gasps and crying in the courtroom as the guilty verdicts were read Wednesday afternoon.
"This justice today does not bring my family back, but it helps a little," Anthony Bologna's sister Lorraine Kennedy said.
After the verdict was announced, Ramos' attorney Marla Zamora release a statement saying, "We are surprised that the jury could not agree on whether Mr. Ramos actually fired the gun, yet still chose to convict on first degree murder. Justice has not been delivered to the City of San Francisco nor the victims so long as the killer, Wilfredo Reyes, is still on the streets."
Ramos was also found guilty of one count of attempted murder.
shooting, crime, trials, murder, ramos trial, gang violence, san francisco news, mark matthews
- Boy's body found at the bottom of a canal in Antioch 46 min ago
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event 16 min ago
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF 22 min ago
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- Missing elderly Palo Alto woman with Alzheimer's found 28 min ago
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial...
16 min ago
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T...
22 min ago