San Francisco News
Edwin Ramos found guilty of 2008 triple murder
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Edwin Ramos was found guilty Wednesday of three counts of first degree murder for the 2008 murders of Tony Bologna and two of his sons.
Ramos, an alleged gang member, was accused of shooting Bologna, 48, and his sons Michael, 20, and Matthew, 16, after mistaking them for rival gang members in the Excelsior District of San Francisco on June 22, 2008.
Bologna's teenage son Andrew was also on the car that day. He was not injured and testified as the prosecution's star witness. He identified Ramos as the shooter.
Ramos claims another gang member in his car fired the gun and that he never knew there would be a shooting.
There were audible gasps and crying in the courtroom as the guilty verdicts were read Wednesday afternoon.
"This justice today does not bring my family back, but it helps a little," Anthony Bologna's sister Lorraine Kennedy said.
After the verdict was announced, Ramos' attorney Marla Zamora release a statement saying, "We are surprised that the jury could not agree on whether Mr. Ramos actually fired the gun, yet still chose to convict on first degree murder. Justice has not been delivered to the City of San Francisco nor the victims so long as the killer, Wilfredo Reyes, is still on the streets."
Ramos was also found guilty of one count of attempted murder.
shooting, crime, trials, murder, ramos trial, gang violence, san francisco news, mark matthews
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF 9 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks 50 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
9 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting...
50 min ago