San Francisco News
Police investigate 2 shootings Friday night
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- In San Francisco three people were shot in two different locations on Friday night.
Two people were shot around 9:45 p.m. at Turk and Laguna streets. One victim is a woman and may have a non-life threatening injury to her lower body, possibly the leg. The other victim is a man who was shot and later died at the hospital.
ABC7 spoke to a man who said one of the victims was his uncle who was shot in the neck. The man said he heard shots outside and came out. He said he didn't know why anybody would do this to his uncle who was already disabled and used a cane.
Police were expected to be at the scene for a few hours to investigate the shooting.
The second crime scene was a fatal shooting in San Francisco's Oceanview District on Broad Street. That shooting occurred around 7:30 p.m. in front of a family resource center. The victim was in is early 20s. Police say he was chased by two men who fired multiple shots, killing him.
There is no word whether that man has a connection to the resource center.
shooting, crime, san francisco news
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move 38 min ago
- Dixon boy fatally mauled by dog in Union City
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Police ID Boulevard Burger armed robbery suspect 13 min ago
- Colma BART station reopened after fatality
- 7 construction workers, firefighter hurt in SF General fire
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after SF Hwy 101 crash
- Authorities: Unattended campfire caused Calif. fire
- Intel chief: NSA foiled dozens of terrorist plots
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: SF hospital fire; SF Giants unveil cafe 42 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday