San Francisco News
Man followed off bus, stabbed in Mission District
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was followed off of a San Francisco Municipal Railway bus and stabbed by a group of suspected gang members in the city's Mission District early Tuesday morning, police said.
The stabbing was reported around 1:15 a.m. near the intersection of 26th and Mission streets.
The 42-year-old victim was on the Muni bus when four suspects boarded the bus at 20th and Mission streets and began harassing him about whether he was affiliated with a gang, according to police.
The victim got off the bus at 26th and Mission streets and was followed by the suspects, who attacked him and stabbed him in the chest, police said.
The victim walked to nearby St. Luke's Hospital and was subsequently transported to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for his injuries, which are not considered to be life-threatening, police said.
The suspects, men believed to be in their 20s, had not been found as of Tuesday morning, according to police.
Anyone with information about the stabbing is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
mission district, crime, gang violence, muni, san francisco news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 54 min ago
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati 48 min ago
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force 8 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water...
54 min ago
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in...
48 min ago