San Francisco News
Man accused of fatal stabbing pleads not guilty
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man accused of fatally stabbing another man in the back outside of a Burger King restaurant in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood last week pleaded not guilty Tuesday to murder charges.
Prosecutors allege that Clenny Thierry, 52, stabbed 42-year-old Kenneth Lyon, who was sitting on a curb outside the fast-food restaurant near the corner of Ninth and Natoma streets at about 6:30 p.m. on May 8.
Thierry pleaded not guilty in San Francisco Superior Court Tuesday morning to a murder charge and denied the special allegations of the use of a knife and that the murder was willful, deliberate and premeditated.
Thierry allegedly walked up behind Lyon and stabbed him with a knife. Lyon was taken to San Francisco General Hospital where he was pronounced dead, and officers quickly apprehended Thierry a short distance away in the 1200 block of Howard Street, police said.
A motive for the killing has not been released by police or prosecutors.
Prosecutors said today that Thierry also had an August 2011 conviction for brandishing a knife and threatening to cut someone's throat and was on probation when he allegedly killed Lyon.
He remains in custody on $5 million bail and will return to court June 5 for a status hearing in the case.
crime, murder, soma, san francisco news
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco 39 min ago
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl 9 min ago
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas 3 min ago
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home 27 min ago
- Child injured in fall from second-story window in SF 44 min ago
- SF police ask for help in solving 2012 B2B homicide
- US gas prices up 11 cents over past 2 weeks 23 min ago
- Patrols increased after attempted armed robbery 38 min ago
- Hofstra graduates honor student killed by police 13 min ago
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San...
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos