San Francisco News
Man shot in Visitacion Valley dies at hospital
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man found shot in San Francisco's Visitacion Valley neighborhood early Wednesday morning has died, a police spokesman said.
Officers responded at about 12:05 a.m. to a ShotSpotter activation in the 1700 block of Sunnydale Avenue and found a man lying between two buildings suffering from a gunshot wound to his upper body, police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.
The 23-year-old victim, whose name has not yet been released, was taken to San Francisco General Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries at about 3 a.m., Esparza said.
No arrests had been in the case as of this morning, and no suspect information was immediately available, he said.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's homicide detail at (415) 553-1145. People wishing to remain anonymous can call the department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
visitacion valley, crime, shooting, san francisco news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 18 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer 31 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation 29 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos