San Francisco News
Woman robbed at gunpoint in the Marina District
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman was robbed at gunpoint after getting out of her car in front of her home in San Francisco's Marina District on Tuesday night, police said.
The robbery was reported at 8:53 p.m. near Divisadero and Bay streets.
Police said the 32-year-old victim had pulled up in front of her garage and gotten out of her car to open the garage door when a man approached, pointed a gun at her and told her to give him all of her property.
The victim tried to move away from the suspect, but he pulled her into the garage while a second man went into her car and stole her cellphone, police said.
The first suspect then threw the woman to the ground, and both men then ran away. The suspects, described as in their early to mid-20s, had not been found as of this morning, according to police.
The victim complained of hip and back pain but declined to be taken to a hospital, police said.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
marina district, crime, san francisco news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 54 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water 7 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions 49 min ago
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Rescued paralyzed dog comforts siblings with autism
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events 50 min ago
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
12 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car...
49 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning...
54 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos