San Francisco News
Pedestrian dies after being hit by truck
SAN FRANCISCO -- A pedestrian was struck and killed by a large truck in San Francisco Thursday afternoon, a police spokesman said.
The accident occurred at 13th and Folsom streets just before 1 p.m. San Francisco police spokesman Officer Carlos Manfredi said the truck was traveling east on Folsom and was making a right onto 13th Street when it ran over a 45-year-old man. The truck driver stopped at the scene and is cooperating with investigators. "He pulled over immediately," Manfredi said. The pedestrian was critically injured and was transported to a hospital, according to the fire department. Manfredi said the victim has since died. Investigators are still looking into the circumstances of the collision and whether the pedestrian was in a crosswalk.
pedestrian struck, san francisco news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support 33 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies 17 min ago
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Santa Clara County hit hard by bad air
19 min ago