San Francisco News
Bill Cosby gets honorary doctorate from USF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- University of San Francisco graduates received some sage advice on Friday from the one and only Bill Cosby.
The legendary comedian received an honorary doctorate during Friday's graduation ceremony for undergraduate students in arts and social sciences.
Cosby later addressed the graduates, and urged them to trust their abilities, and not to become overwhelmed in the face of adversity.
"We don't want to hear you say, 'I was nervous.' You have this education, you have these expectations. There are parents waiting for you to move out," said Cosby.
By the way the doctorate Cosby received, recognized his humor, compassion, and commitment to service during his lifelong work educating and inspiring children and adults.
university of san francisco, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire