San Francisco News
Man critically injured in Golden Gate Park attack
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was critically injured when he was punched during an argument with two other men in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park late Sunday afternoon, police said.
The attack was reported at 4:58 p.m. Sunday in Sharon Meadow in the eastern end of the park.
The 30-year-old victim was arguing with another man when a third man intervened and hit him in the face with a closed fist, according to police.
The victim fell to the ground and was knocked unconscious. He was taken to the hospital with a head injury that is considered life-threatening, police said.
The suspects, two men believed to be in their 20s, fled and had not been found as of this morning.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, golden gate park, san francisco news
- Sheriff: Suspect in Colorado school shooting dead 17 min ago
- Man survives fiery explosion at Hayward home
- EMT killed in fiery crash on I-580 remembered
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M
- Photos: Colorado high school shooting 3 min ago
- Icy roads creating dangerous driving conditions
- Vigils to mark first anniversary of Newtown shooting
- Knife-wielding man arrested for grocery store robbery 32 min ago
- String of water mains break overnight in Millbrae
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Saturday 37 min ago
- roundup: SF stabbing; Water main breaks 57 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday