San Francisco News
Man critically injured in Golden Gate Park attack
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was critically injured when he was punched during an argument with two other men in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park late Sunday afternoon, police said.
The attack was reported at 4:58 p.m. Sunday in Sharon Meadow in the eastern end of the park.
The 30-year-old victim was arguing with another man when a third man intervened and hit him in the face with a closed fist, according to police.
The victim fell to the ground and was knocked unconscious. He was taken to the hospital with a head injury that is considered life-threatening, police said.
The suspects, two men believed to be in their 20s, fled and had not been found as of this morning.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, golden gate park, san francisco news
- Campbell police seek witnesses in fatal stabbing 46 min ago
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning
- Putin declares Crimea 'sovereign and independent'
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos